How do I comment multiple rows in SQL?
To comment or uncomment multiple lines in the web interface > SQL Worksheet:
- Highlight multiple lines in the Worksheet. Begin ; …
- Press CMD + / (Mac) or CTRL + / (Windows). The highlighted lines are commented out. …
- Press CMD + / (Mac) or CTRL + / (Windows) again. The comments are removed from the highlighted lines.
What is the shortcut to comment out SQL query?
The keyboard shortcut to comment text is CTRL + K, CTRL + C. The keyboard shortcut to uncomment text is CTRL + K, CTRL + U.
How do I comment out a line in SQL Server?
To comment out lines of code in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) Query Window, select lines of code you want to comment out and hit the keyboard shortcut ‘CTRL+K’ followed by ‘CTRL+C’.
Can we comment in SQL?
In SQL, you can comment your code just like any other language. Comments can appear on a single line or span across multiple lines.
How do you comment a squirrel in SQL?
- Select SQL code. …
- Press CTRL+/ (or CMD+/ on Mac) on the keyboard.
- Code will be commented. …
- If you need to uncomment it, you need to mark commented code and press the same keyboard combination CTRL+/ (or CMD+/ on Mac) on the keyboard Code will become uncommented again:
How do I comment multiple lines in SQL Workbench?
Syntax Using /* and */ symbols
In MySQL, a comment that starts with /* symbol and ends with */ and can be anywhere in your SQL statement. This method of commenting can span several lines within your SQL.
How do you highlight text in SQL?
Column and block text selection using SQL Server Management…
- Using SHIFT to Select Text. …
- Using SHIFT+ALT to Select Columns. …
- Using SHIFT+ALT to Select Columns and Insert Text. …
- Using CTRL+SHIFT+END to Select Text. …
- Using CTRL+SHIFT+HOME to Select Text. …
- Using CTRL+A to Select All Text.
How do I comment out in MySQL?
MySQL Server supports three comment styles: From a # character to the end of the line. From a — sequence to the end of the line. In MySQL, the — (double-dash) comment style requires the second dash to be followed by at least one whitespace or control character (such as a space, tab, newline, and so on).
How do I insert a comment in SQL?
Comments can be inserted on a separate line or within a Transact-SQL statement. Multiple-line comments must be indicated by /* and */. A stylistic convention often used for multiple-line comments is to begin the first line with /*, subsequent lines with **, and end with */.
How do you comment a table in SQL?
Use the COMMENT statement to add a comment about a table, view, materialized view, or column into the data dictionary. To drop a comment from the database, set it to the empty string ‘ ‘. See Also: “Comments” for more information on associating comments with SQL statements and schema objects.
What is inline comment in SQL?
In line comments: In line comments are an extension of multi line comments, comments can be stated in between the statements and are enclosed in between ‘/*’ and ‘*/’. Syntax: SELECT * FROM /* Customers; */
What is the shortcut for comment in SQL Developer?
In SQL Developer you can comment a line or a block using “Source -> Toggle Line Comments” (Ctrl-Slash), but it would be nice to have a button that allows you to do it not only for line or block, but also for a part of a line.