How do I select a column from a view?
Try to base you query on the following:
- select *
- from INFORMATION_SCHEMA. VIEWS v.
- join INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS c on c. TABLE_SCHEMA = v. TABLE_SCHEMA.
- and c. TABLE_NAME = v. TABLE_NAME.
Can you select from a view in SQL?
Views can be created from a single table, multiple tables or another view. … CREATE VIEW view_name AS SELECT column1, column2….. FROM table_name WHERE [condition]; You can include multiple tables in your SELECT statement in a similar way as you use them in a normal SQL SELECT query.
How do I view a column in SQL?
In a query editor, if you highlight the text of table name (ex dbo. MyTable) and hit ALT + F1 , you’ll get a list of column names, type, length, etc.
How do I get column names from a view in SQL?
The following query will give the table’s column names:
- SELECT column_name FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA. COLUMNS.
- WHERE TABLE_NAME = ‘News’
How do I get a list of views in SQL Server?
SQL Server List Views
- SELECT OBJECT_SCHEMA_NAME(v.object_id) schema_name, v.name FROM sys.views as v;
- SELECT OBJECT_SCHEMA_NAME(o.object_id) schema_name, o.name FROM sys.objects as o WHERE o.type = ‘V’;
How do I edit a view in SQL?
To modify a view
- In Object Explorer, click the plus sign next to the database where your view is located and then click the plus sign next to the Views folder.
- Right-click on the view you wish to modify and select Design.
How do I view a query in a SQL view?
In Object Explorer, expand the database that contains the view to which you want to view the properties, and then expand the Views folder. Right-click the view of which you want to view the properties and select View Dependencies. Select Objects that depend on [view name] to display the objects that refer to the view.
How do you join views in SQL?
- Your first view. SQL. Copy Code. CREATE VIEW [TestView1] AS SELECT 1 AS Id, ‘Test 1′ AS Value UNION SELECT 2,’Test 2’ GO. …
- Your second view. SQL. Copy Code. CREATE VIEW [TestView2] AS SELECT 1 AS Id, ‘Test 3′ AS Value UNION SELECT 2,’Test 4’ GO. …
- Your third view. SQL. Copy Code.
How do I select a column in a table?
You can also click anywhere in the table column, and then press CTRL+SPACEBAR, or you can click the first cell in the table column, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW. Note: Pressing CTRL+SPACEBAR once selects the table column data; pressing CTRL+SPACEBAR twice selects the entire table column.
How do I select a specific column in MySQL?
As you can see, MySQL creates a lovely table as part of the result set, with the names of the columns along the first row. If you want to select only specific columns, replace the * with the names of the columns, separated by commas.
How do I select only the column headers in SQL?
You can use sp_help in SQL Server 2008. sp_help <table_name>; Keyboard shortcut for the above command: select table name (i.e highlight it) and press ALT + F1 .
How do I list a column in a table in SQL?
Lets assume our table name is “Student”.
- USE MyDB.
- SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_NAME = N’Student’
- EXEC sp_help ‘Student’
- select * from sys.all_columns where object_id = OBJECT_ID(‘Student’)
How do I view columns in MySQL?
The more flexible way to get a list of columns in a table is to use the MySQL SHOW COLUMNS command. As you can see the result of this SHOW COLUMNS command is the same as the result of the DESC statement. For example, the following statement lists all columns of the payments table in the classicmodels database.