Simple you have to make another column and in this your first column primary key act as a foreign key. And then using joins simply you can do it.
How do I store a list of values in one column in SQL?
First, you can make the column type XML, in which you can just store the values as XML. Second, you can make the column VARCHAR(max) or NVARCHAR(max) and store the values in a delimited fashion, such as by commas.
How do I store multiple values in one variable in SQL?
Use CTE for storing multiple values into a single variable.
Can a SQL column have multiple values?
6 Answers. You really shouldn’t store multiple items in one column if your SQL is ever going to want to process them individually. The “SQL gymnastics” you have to perform in those cases are both ugly hacks and performance degraders.
How do I show multiple values in one column in MySQL?
In this case, we use GROUP_CONCAT function to concatenate multiple rows into one column. GROUP_CONCAT concatenates all non-null values in a group and returns them as a single string. If you want to avoid duplicates, you can also add DISTINCT in your query.
How do I store multiple values in a database?
How to store multiple values in single field in SQL database?
- Add the table description and sample records to descript what you have and what you want.. …
- You can also define a text field and you will insert an array witch contains all your phones numbers.
How do I store a list in a column in a database table?
No, there is no “better” way to store a sequence of items in a single column. Relational databases are designed specifically to store one value per row/column combination. In order to store more than one value, you must serialize your list into a single value for storage, then deserialize it upon retrieval.
How do you store multiple values in a variable?
@Minz (Snowflake), there is a way to do this using the flatten function.
- First, store the variable values as a string representation of a json array.
- set variable1 = ‘[value1,value2]’;
- Next, use the flatten table function to transform the variable list into a single column table. …
- select * from <table>
How can I store multiple values in one variable in MySQL?
The following works as expected when there is a single value stored in a variable. SET @a := “20100630”; SELECT * FROM wordbase WHERE verified = @a; But it does not work when there are multiple values stored in a variable. SET @a := “‘20100630’, ‘20100701’ “; SELECT * FROM wordbase WHERE verified in (@a);
How do I store a list of values in a SQL variable?
You are right, there is no datatype in SQL-Server which can hold a list of integers. But what you can do is store a list of integers as a string. DECLARE @listOfIDs varchar(8000); SET @listOfIDs = ‘1,2,3,4’; You can then split the string into separate integer values and put them into a table.
How do I test multiple values in multiple columns in SQL?
The long way to do it would be.. SELECT * FROM table WHERE (col1 = 123 OR col2 = 123 OR col3 = 123 OR col4 = 123);
How do I combine multiple values in one cell in SQL?
You can concatenate rows into single string using COALESCE method. This COALESCE method can be used in SQL Server version 2008 and higher. All you have to do is, declare a varchar variable and inside the coalesce, concat the variable with comma and the column, then assign the COALESCE to the variable.
How do I create a multivalued column in SQL?
To implement a multi-valued property:
- Set the table type attribute to multi : …
- Set the multi-column-name attribute of the table tag: …
- The multi-valued property in this table must set its data-type attribute to array , set , map or list :
How can I store multiple values in one row in MySQL?
MySQL Insert Multiple Rows
- First, specify the name of table that you want to insert after the INSERT INTO keywords.
- Second, specify a comma-separated column list inside parentheses after the table name.
- Third, specify a comma-separated list of row data in the VALUES clause. Each element of the list represents a row.
How do I show multiple values in one row in SQL?
STUFF Function in SQL Server
- Create a database.
- Create 2 tables as in the following.
- Execute this SQL Query to get the student courseIds separated by a comma. USE StudentCourseDB. SELECT StudentID, CourseIDs=STUFF. ( ( SELECT DISTINCT ‘, ‘ + CAST(CourseID AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM StudentCourses t2.
How do you display multiple values from a single column in a single output row?
- Aggregate Function / CASE: You can use an aggregate function with a CASE expression along with row_number() . …
- PIVOT/UNPIVOT: You could use the UNPIVOT and PIVOT functions to get the result.