How does React state work?
How State Works in React – Explained with Code Examples
- element can be any HTML element, JSX or a component that returns JSX.
- container is the element on the UI inside which we want to render the data.
- callback is the optional function we can pass which gets called once something is rendered or re-rendered on the screen.
To fix the issue we want a tool to handle some key tasks for us automatically:
- Track which value derivation functions correspond to each state change.
- Re-run the derivation functions and track the changes in any return values.
- Pass changed values to the appropriate DOM API update methods.
It is a behavioural design pattern that allows an object to alter its behaviour based on changes to its internal state. The object returned by a state pattern class seems to change its class.
WHY USE States React?
Why use state is used in React?
The useState function is a built in hook that can be imported from the react package. It allows you to add state to your functional components. Using the useState hook inside a function component, you can create a piece of state without switching to class components.