How do I grant access to a SQL Server database?
Expand Security, right-click on Logins and select New Login.
- Enter a descriptive Login name, select SQL Server authentication, and enter a secure password. …
- Select the User Mapping tab, check the box next to the desired database, confirm that only ‘public’ is selected, and click OK.
How do I give a user access to my database?
- you need to create a login to SQL Server for that user, based on its Windows account CREATE LOGIN [<domainName><loginName>] FROM WINDOWS;
- you need to grant this login permission to access a database: USE (your database) CREATE USER (username) FOR LOGIN (your login name)
How do you grant permissions in SQL?
SQL GRANT Command
- The Syntax for the GRANT command is: …
- For Example: GRANT SELECT ON employee TO user1; This command grants a SELECT permission on employee table to user1. …
- For Example: REVOKE SELECT ON employee FROM user1;This command will REVOKE a SELECT privilege on employee table from user1.
How do I grant a database role to a user in SQL Server?
To create a user-defined role using SQL Server Management Studio, expand the server, expand Databases, and then expand the database and its Security folder. Right-click Roles, click New, and then click New Database Role. In the Database Role dialog box (see Figure 12-5), enter the name of the new role.
How do I grant view database permissions?
To grant the View Server State permission, follow these steps:
- Start SQL Server Management Studio.
- Expand Databases, right-click the Microsoft Forecaster database, and then click Properties.
- Click Permissions, and then click View server permissions.
How do I grant database owner permissions in SQL Server?
Click the Database Access tab. In the list at the top, in the Permit column, select the check box for the database to which you want to assign the owner role for the CES administrative account. In the Permit in Database Role list, select db_owner. Click OK.
How do I grant a read-only access in SQL Server?
To grant a user read-only permissions, perform the following steps:
- Start Report Manager.
- Depending on SQL Server you use: …
- Open SQL Server Management Studio Express and connect to a server.
- Navigate to Security, right-click Logins and select New Login.
- On the General screen, select a user or users group.
How do I grant privileges to root user in MySQL?
How to create a superuser in MySQL?
- CREATE USER ‘username’@’localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘the_password’;
- GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *. * TO ‘user_name’@’localhost’ WITH GRANT OPTION;
- CREATE USER ‘username’@’%’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘the_password’;
- GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *. …
- SHOW GRANTS FOR username;
- FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
How do you grant privileges?
To GRANT ALL privileges to a user , allowing that user full control over a specific database , use the following syntax: mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database_name. * TO ‘username’@’localhost’;