How do you calculate top 2 salary in SQL?
The SQL query to calculate second highest salary in database table name as Emp
- SQL> select min(salary) from.
- (select distinct salary from emp order by salary desc)
- where rownum
- In order to calculate the second highest salary use rownum
- In order to calculate the third highest salary use rownum
How do you find top 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee; …
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id; …
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5; …
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
How do you find second and third highest salary in SQL?
Query : select * from( select ename, sal, dense_rank() over(order by sal desc)r from Employee) where r=&n; To find to the 2nd highest sal set n = 2 To find 3rd highest sal set n = 3 and so on.
How do you get top 3 salaries for each department from the employee table?
Salary AS Salary FROM Employee E INNER JOIN Department D ON E. DepartmentId = D.Id WHERE (SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT(Salary)) FROM Employee WHERE DepartmentId = E. DepartmentId AND Salary > E. Salary) How do you find the second highest salary in SQL w3schools?
Second Maximum Salary in MySQL using LIMIT
SELECT Salary FROM (SELECT Salary FROM Employee ORDER BY salary DESC LIMIT 2) AS Emp ORDER BY salary LIMIT 1; In this solution, we have first sorted all salaries from the Employee table in decreasing order, so that the 2 highest salaries come at top of the result set.
How do you find the nth highest salary without using top keyword?
Find nth Salary Without Using Max or Top In SQL
- SELECT * FROM (
- SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY SALARY DESC) AS rownumber,Salary.
- FROM Employee )
- AS foo.
- WHERE rownumber = n.
How do I join 3 tables in SQL?
Where Condition (Inner Join with Three Tables)
- Select table1.ID ,table1. Name.
- from Table1 inner join Table2 on Table1 .ID =Table2 .ID inner join Table3 on table2.ID=Table3 .ID.
- where table1. Name=Table3. Name.
How do you calculate sum of salary in SQL?
SELECT SUM(salary) AS “Total Salary” FROM employees WHERE salary > 25000; In this SQL SUM Function example, we’ve aliased the SUM(salary) expression as “Total Salary”. As a result, “Total Salary” will display as the field name when the result set is returned.
What is rank and Dense_rank in SQL?
RANK. It assigns the rank number to each row in a partition. It skips the number for similar values. Dense_RANK. It assigns the rank number to each row in a partition.