How do I get top 5 results in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How do you update top 2 rows in SQL?
UPDATE TOP (100) table_name set column_name = value; If you want to show the last 100 records, you can use this if you need. The TOP qualifier can also be used as limit the the number of rows manually updated incorrectly.
How do I update my top 1 record?
You can use the UPDATE TOP (1) syntax to update just one row. However, there is no guarantee which row you’ll end up updating. If you need to update a specific row, then your where clause should outline exactly what row is to be updated.
How do I get top 10 records in SQL Developer?
Returning TOP N Records
- Microsoft SQL Server SELECT TOP 10 column FROM table.
- PostgreSQL and MySQL SELECT column FROM table LIMIT 10.
- Oracle SELECT column FROM table WHERE ROWNUM <= 10.
- Sybase SET rowcount 10 SELECT column FROM table.
- Firebird SELECT FIRST 10 column FROM table.
How can I get second highest salary?
We can nest the above query to find the second largest salary. select *from employee group by salary order by salary desc limit 1,1; There are other ways : SELECT name, MAX(salary) AS salary FROM employee WHERE salary IN (SELECT salary FROM employee MINUS SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee);
How do I change last 10 rows in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How can I UPDATE 1 million records in mysql?
A few things to try:
- Don’t update rows unless they need it. Skip the rows that already have the correct value. …
- Do the update in chunks of a few thousand rows, and repeat the update operation until the whole table is updated. I guess tableA contains an id column. …
- Don’t do the update at all.
How can I UPDATE more than 1000 records in SQL?
- where column = (select column2 from table)
- update tab set column = (select column2 from table)
- select @variable = (select column2 from table)
How do I add a limit to an update query?
UPDATE yourTableName SET column_name=’some value” WHERE column_name1 IN ( SELECT column_name1 FROM ( select column_name1 from yourTableName order by column_name1 asc limit integerValue,integerValue) anyAliasName ); Implementing the query now to fulfil our purpose and using it to set the name ‘Adam’, with limit 7.
How do you make SQL update faster?
The fastest way to speed up the update query is to replace it with a bulk-insert operation. It is a minimally logged operation in simple and Bulk-logged recovery model. This can be done easily by doing a bulk-insert in a new table and then rename the table to original one.
How many rows can SQL update at once?
The number of rows that you can insert at a time is 1,000 rows using this form of the INSERT statement. If you want to insert more rows than that, you should consider using multiple INSERT statements, BULK INSERT or a derived table.