1 Answer. Then the dump will be in the file backup-file. sql in the current directory. If you don’t redirect then the output will just be displayed to the screen, not saved to a file.
Where is MySQL dump file stored?
The mysqldump tool is located in the root/bin directory of the MySQL installation directory.
How do I open a MySQL dump file?
Open Your Dump File
- Click the Open an SQL script in a new query tab icon and choose your db dump file.
- Then Click Run SQL Script…
- You will then choose the Default Schema Name.
How do I create a MySQL dump file?
Create a dump of your current mysql database or table (do not include the bracket symbols [ ] in your commands).
- Run the mysqldump.exe program using the following arguments:
- mysqldump.exe –e –u[username] -p[password] -h[hostname] [database name] > C:[filename].sql.
What is a SQL dump file?
A database dump (also: SQL dump) contains a record of the table structure and/or the data from a database and is usually in the form of a list of SQL statements. A database dump is most often used for backing up a database so that its contents can be restored in the event of data loss.
How do I dump all MySQL databases?
To create a backup of all MySQL server databases, run the following command:
- mysqldump –user root –password –all-databases > all-databases.sql. …
- mysql –user root –password mysql < all-databases.sql. …
- mysql –user root –password [db_name] < [db_name].sql. …
- select @@datadir;
How do I open a SQL dump file?
How do I open an SQL file? SQL files can be read by any SQL-compatible database program, such as MySQL and Richardson RazorSQL. You can also open and edit SQL files in various source code editors, such as gVim, Bare Bones BBEdit, and MacroMates TextMate.
What is MySQL dump file?
Mysqldump is a command-line utility that is used to generate the logical backup of the MySQL database. It produces the SQL Statements that can be used to recreate the database objects and data. The command can also be used to generate the output in the XML, delimited text, or CSV format.
How do I dump a MySQL database in Windows?
The most popular way to backup MySQL database is to use mysqldump:
- Open a Windows command line.
- Specify the directory to mysqldump utility. cd “C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.7bin”
- Create a dump of your MySQL database.
How do I create a SQL dump file?
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Use the command cd to navigate to a directory where your user has write access. …
- Export the database by executing the following command: mysqldump –add-drop-table -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` dbname > dbname.sql. …
- You can now download the resulting SQL file.
How do I dump just one table in MySQL?
Dump a specific table or few rows (MySQL)
- The simplest case is the whole database dumping: …
- Sometimes, there’s a need to dump a single table from your database. …
- If you want to dump only rows that meet a specific criteria, you can add ‘where’ option to your mysqldump command.
Is it safe to delete SQL dump files?
If your log folder has several dumps for a few years ago and then no dumps for several months, then a few recent dumps, you can safely delete the old dumps.