How do you repeat rows in SQL?
SQL Repeat Rows N Times According to Column Value
- CREATE TABLE RepeatRows ( Id int identity(1,1), …
- SELECT * — Id, RepeatText, RepeatCount. FROM RepeatRows r. …
- CREATE TABLE Exams ( Id int identity(1,1), …
- CREATE TABLE ExamScores ( Id int identity(1,1), …
- INSERT INTO ExamScores (ExamId, ExamDate) SELECT Id, ExamDate.
How do I duplicate a record in SQL Server?
First, define criteria for duplicates: values in a single column or multiple columns.
Using GROUP BY clause to find duplicates in a table
- First, the GROUP BY clause groups the rows into groups by values in both a and b columns.
- Second, the COUNT() function returns the number of occurrences of each group (a,b).
How do I select the same row multiple times in SQL?
The SQL UNION ALL operator is used to combine the result sets of 2 or more SELECT statements. It does not remove duplicate rows between the various SELECT statements (all rows are returned). Each SELECT statement within the UNION ALL must have the same number of fields in the result sets with similar data types.
How do you write a loop in SQL Server?
I am detailing answer on ways to achieve different types of loops in SQL server.
- FOR Loop. DECLARE @cnt INT = 0; WHILE @cnt
- DO.. WHILE Loop. …
- REPEAT..UNTIL Loop.
How do you repeat in MySQL?
MySQL: REPEAT Function
- Description. The MySQL REPEAT function repeats a string a specified number of times.
- Syntax. The syntax for the REPEAT function in MySQL is: REPEAT( string, number ) …
- Note. If number is less than 1, the REPEAT function will return an empty string.
- Applies To. …
How do I find duplicate records in SQL Server without GROUP BY?
1. Using the Distinct Keyword to eliminate duplicate values and count their occurences from the Query results. We can use the Distinct keyword to fetch the unique records from our database. This way we can view the unique results from our database.
How do I find duplicate records in two tables in SQL?
Check for Duplicates in Multiple Tables With INNER JOIN
Use the INNER JOIN function to find duplicates that exist in multiple tables. Sample syntax for an INNER JOIN function looks like this: SELECT column_name FROM table1 INNER JOIN table2 ON table1. column_name = table2.
How do I get unique records in SQL Server?
The following query returns unique records from the Employee table.
- SQL Script: Select Distinct Records. SELECT DISTINCT * FROM Employee;
- SQL Script: Distinct Columns. SELECT DISTINCT FirstName FROM Employee;
- SQL Script: Distinct Columns. SELECT DISTINCT FirstName, LastName FROM Employee;
- SQL Script: Count Distinct Values.
How do you duplicate rows?
Select the rows into which you want to copy the original row or rows. Right-click the selection, and then click “Insert Copied Cells.” Excel inserts the repeated data into the new rows, moving the existing rows down.
How do you repeat rows in numbers?
In the popping dialog, choose Copy and insert rows option in the Type section, then choose the range that you want to repeat to Insert Range textbox, and choose the column that decides the repeat times to the Repeat Times textbox. Click Ok. Then the rows will be repeated by the selected column.
Can you use select multiple times in SQL?
Sql SELECT same record multiple times
You can use the UNION ALL statement. … You’d have to repeat the SELECT statement a bunch of times but you could write a bit of VB code in Access to create a dynamic SQL statement and then execute it.
What is difference union and union all in SQL?
The only difference between Union and Union All is that Union extracts the rows that are being specified in the query while Union All extracts all the rows including the duplicates (repeated values) from both the queries.